Monday, June 24, 2019

(Reflections from Carol) St. Anthony's Dining Room - 08 June 2019 [Volunteer]

The following are reflections from YAM-E who participated in the St. Anthony's Dining Room volunteer event on June 8, 2019. Everyone had lots to say and I wanted to share it, but on different posts.

The original post can be found here: click here



**************************************************************************************

Here is Carol's Reflection:


Thank  you Nini and everyone  for organizing  and participating. I too share very similar sentiments.

In the past I've volunteered  with young middle schoolers and the old dining  which was  a 1/4 size of current space and had almost no windows it was humid hot tight  and  busy tables  needed to be done lightning speed.


So From start  it felt refreshing  to walk into the  nice new  facility, with windows and spacious  tables.

It was also nice to feel the caring smiles warmth of other  volunteers. Nice reminder and comfort the world has others want to do care for the least.  I also wondered  if clients knew people serving them do care and wondered if they knew Lord is present in everything. To my delight  in the end I got my answers in the prayer with theveryone Indian man (where  he explained  we all should be thankful for the food and this Christian country that recelves Blessingso of getting served free food vs Contrast with other  nonChristian countries).

I also saved the Orange tickets which I counted them to be 25 total tkts and Prayed Lord Bless those 25 people and probably  another 25 I may have served (in 1st round).

Some folks called would read my name tag and call me by my name one  even offered to see a song with the titledelay by my name haha, it touched reminded me of Isaiah 43:1


"But now thus says the Lord, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine."

The hard part was seeing some of clients eyes that show humility, pain, even folks who's eyes don't seem to aware or asleep at the tables. Also, tough because it hits close to home to look into the eyes of someone you love who isnt really aware because of addictions & maybe mental health illness. I asked God at that moment to please be with my relative and send someone to treat and show a little kindness too my relative wherever they  maybe and asked Lord continue to give my family peace & strength to continue to surrender my relative.

I'm  grateful to have shared a meal time with everyone clients, staff, yame. I felt and see there is no way that facility is not total evidence of God's  love  for us All and intercession  of St. Anthony.

Separately, and also in spirit of God's  Love. Monsignor Talesfore, St. Matthews read part of Einstein's Letter to his Daughter check it out!


https://monoset.com/blogs/journal/a-letter-from-albert-einstein-to-his-daughter-on-the-universal-force-of-love


Peace, Love, & Blessings to all. 




No comments:

Post a Comment