Monday, June 24, 2019

(Reflections from Mary) St. Anthony's Dining Room - 08 June 2019 [Volunteer]

The following are reflections from YAM-E who participated in the St. Anthony's Dining Room volunteer event on June 8, 2019. Everyone had lots to say and I wanted to share it, but on different posts.

The original post can be found here: click here



**************************************************************************************


Here is Mary's Reflection:


Thank you so much for sharing these great pictures and for organizing this... It was truly a wonderful experience from beginning to end.

The training from the St. Anthony's Dining was very good. They were professionals and very well prepared, honest, and to the point.

I loved interacting and feeling the warmth of the people at St. Anthony's while serving them.

Many were very kind. One person prayed with us, many were cheerful, a few looked sad. A whole spectrum of human beings.

It was nice to be able to sit in the dining room (Carol and I sat in the woman's/family's dining room). The food was delicious. 

The walk to St. Anthony's brought some heart-wrenching emotions seeing some four people sitting against a wall with needles ready to shoot up whatever drug they had.

It broke my heart for many reasons, one wondering what Jesus Christ felt if my human heart felt so sad. I wished I'd brought my Lanciano pamphlets and maybe something to eat for them. Maybe next time I can plan to bring a few care packages.

It is always a very blessed time spending time with each of you. You are all so amazing and kind and loving.

Thank you all so much for your generosity and spending part of your Saturday volunteering.




No comments:

Post a Comment